Chocolate makes everything better. Tonight my husband and I decided to make our own. If that sounds to complicated it doesn't have be. Yes you can make creams and caramel from scratch and hand dip them for a night of culinary bliss. I love to try my hand at things like that, but this time we had a bit of a time crunch so we took the fast and easy route. If you find yourself short on time or skills in the kitchen here is the smooth and simple solution.
- A silicone chocolate mold
- A double boiler, fondue pot, Chocolate Melter, or some way to melt the chocolate: In a crunch, you can even microwave it but do it only a few seconds at a time and stir between to avoid burning it. You can also make an impromptu double broiler by floating a glass dish in a pot filled with hot water
- Chocolate: Here too you can get fancy with what you buy or you can just grab a bag of your favorite chocolate chips or melting wafers.
- Optional: something to put in the centers.
- Peanut Butter or Nutella
- Marshmallows or marshmallow fluff
- Crushed Oreo or other cookies
The process is simple
- Melt your chocolate and using a pastry brush, knife, or thin spatula coat the inside of your mold
- Fill them with your favorite center
- Top it off with chocolate and fill in any cracks
- Let it harden and enjoy your customized treat together